Wordless Wednesday: Winter Beach Day

grouse mountain covered in snow

bea at spanish banks

crow at spanish banks

claire grinning at spanish banks
barefoot at the beach in the winter

• Rachael February 23, 2011, 7:18 am

So, so beautiful. I’m thinking it’s time for another trip to Coney Island, but we don’t have a backdrop of mountains here in Brooklyn. What a treat for you and your family!
    Rachael´s last blog post ..On Routines- Herding Frogs Maybe Even Swallowing One or Two- and the Mixed Blessings of Illness

• michelle February 23, 2011, 8:49 pm

I grew up for several years of my childhood in Vancouver, and then when we moved away I really appreciated the mountains and the beach even more. I feel very thankful to be able to live here again!

• Gloriadelia February 23, 2011, 9:26 am

so lovely! Where is this? I linked my blog, but I’m afraid I’m too talkative to be completely wordless :)
    Gloriadelia´s last blog post ..Narayanan Krishnan- a hero in India

• michelle February 23, 2011, 8:47 pm

Thanks! This is Spanish Banks beach in Vancouver, one of my favourite places ever. :) Thanks for linking up, I’ll hop over and look at your blog now!

• Lauren @ Hobo Mama & NPN February 23, 2011, 12:47 pm

Oh, I love winter beach days! You have the whole place to yourself! That smile is priceless.
    Lauren @ Hobo Mama & NPN´s last blog post ..Wordless Wednesday- Babywearing Elmo

• michelle February 23, 2011, 8:51 pm

It’s true! I love the feel of a wide-open beach, especially wild and remote ones. We don’t get out to those kind of beaches much these days, but I’ll take the city beach in the winter for sure.

• Theresa Sirois February 23, 2011, 5:43 pm

Visiting from Natural Parents Network

So pretty! The ocean is my favorite place to be! We live on the Seacoast in Maine and I LOVE IT :)

• michelle February 23, 2011, 8:58 pm

Thanks! I love living relatively close to the sea. There is something about a day on the edge of the land that is centering and calming. Also, my kids were tuckered right out from all the playing and fresh air!